Sneak Peek: DBA Security Advisor v2.0On Wednesday, April 5 2017, we will be officially releasing DBA Security Advisor v2.0.
DBA Security Advisor is one of our most powerful tools for SQL Server. It features a rich set of security checks that can be used for running comprehensive risk assessments against your SQL Server instances. Every time an assessment is completed, DBA Security Advisor provides recommendations and where applicable, T-SQL scripts that can help you remediate the detected risks.
Examples of these security checks are:
- - Login-Server Role Associations (i.e. find all the SysAdmins, etc.)
- - Surface area features (i.e. xp_cmdshell, CLR Enabled, Database Mail XPs, etc.)
- - Password policies
- - Orphaned users
- - Login auditing
- - User:User credential check
- - …and much more!
Besides the fact that DBA Security Advisor can be mainly used as a SQL Server risk assessment tool, it can be also used as a SQL Server administration tool. DBA Security Advisor answers questions like:
- - What are the installed service packs for the selected SQL Server instances?
- - What are the latest database backup times?
- - Which are the service accounts for SQL Server Database Engine and SQL Server Agent?
- - Are there any failed logins and if yes, which are they?
- - Are there any orphaned database users?
- - …and much more!
- - Run risk assessments against your SQL Server instances, get recommendations and remediation scripts
- - Get different information about your SQL Server instances that can help you with administration, migrations, and more.
What’s new in version 2.0:
- - Brand New GUI: Now DBA Security Advisor is even more user-friendly
- - Enhancements in Security Checks
- - Faster Risk Assessment Engine
- - Bug Fixes
From April 5, 2017 to April 14, 2017 you can use the coupon code DBASECADVISORV2 at our secure online store with which you can receive a 20% discount for the Enterprise Edition of DBA Security Advisor v2.0.